Monday, March 02, 2015

on hooks & needles

cross stitch

greetings cross stitch WIP

I finally started my greetings cross stitch last week. The pattern can be purchased here. I am loving stitching this project, it's been very hard to put down! I had to take a break from it yesterday after my finger became really swollen and painful, I think I had been holding my q-snap frame wrong. It's feeling a bit better today though, so I'm back at it. I'm excited to have this finished soon! I really like the designs from Satsuma Street, I will definitely be stitching more of them.

knit

March sock yarn

I chose my sock yarn for my March socks, it's Malabrigo Sock in the Indiecita colorway. I haven't quite decided what pattern I will be knitting yet but I probably won't be casting on until I finish my greetings cross stitch. If you have any suggestions, I'd really love to hear them!

crochet

I have done very little crochet recently but my scrap v-stitch blanket will be getting worked on again, hopefully by next week. I really want to get that done before the end of the KAL/CAL in My Sister's Knitter's ravelry group, it ends April 30th, so I have enough time!

I've also been thinking of crocheting toys again. There are a couple designs that I've been thinking about, I've even started crocheting one a little but I don't think I'll have it finished any time soon. I am really excited about the construction though, I think maybe I need to try a different yarn so that I won't want to set it aside. I have a lot of toy ideas sketched out, I really want to get a couple of them off the paper and in toy form this year.

Anyway, that's all for today. Is there anything exciting that you've been working on recently?