Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Socks: FO

February socks

I lost motivation with pretty much everything for a couple weeks this month, so I didn't really do much crochet or knitting. Luckily, I did find some mojo again and got these socks finished before I need to choose another sock yarn. I'm so, so happy with this pair! The striping looks exactly the way I pictured it. The yarn was a sock split set from Spun Right Round and the colorways were Mega Magenta & Combat Boots and Baby Doll Dresses.

I didn't use a pattern for the socks but there are quite a few different striped sock patterns that looked similar to these on ravelry. To get make the stripes jogless, I used this tutorial on Craftsy, it works so well! My tension with the technique was very tight in the beginning, so one sock curves a bit when not on but it stretches out easily when worn. I also tried a new bind off for the cuff, the video I used can be found here. It seems like it has the same amount of stretch as Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which is what I've always used but I think I like the look of this more, so I'll probably use it a lot more often.

February socks

I'm really happy with the two pairs of socks I've finished this year! I'm definitely going to continue knitting a pair each month. Hopefully some months will have more than one pair, I would really like to knit a pair or two for gifts during the year. I want to have 12 for myself though, I want to have a drawer full of hand knit socks!

January & February socks

This last pair was finished exactly a year after I finished my very first pair of socks! It has me thinking of all the things I've learned since I started, so I'll share a post on my year of sock knitting soon.

I'm linking this post up with Liesl's Monthly Sock Challenge