Wednesday, January 07, 2015

December socks & 2015 sock plans

I finished knitting my December socks on New Years Eve, they were my first ever cuff down socks. I knit them as ankle socks and they fit, mostly well. I found that my gauge seemed to be much tighter knitting cuff down, I may have been feeling a bit more tense than usual during the week I was knitting them, so that's probably the reason for the tight gauge. At some point I'll give cuff down socks another try though. These socks were made from Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball, I love this yarn and can't wait to buy more, I love the color changes.

December socks

I plan on continuing to knit a pair of socks each month in 2015. In addition to taking part in Liesl's monthly sock challenge, I'm taking part in the Personal Mystery Sock Yarn Club. You pick yarns for the year and then put them into brown paper bags, each month you choose a bag and knit socks from that yarn. This is something I wanted to do this year anyway, but I'm really glad that there are other people doing it now too, it gave me a kick in the butt to really get it done. There's a tag on instagram to follow, #personalmysterysockclub2015 and there's a thread in the My Sister's Knitter ravelry group to follow.

personal mystery sock yarn club

I don't have a big sock yarn stash, so I only had enough that I could fill six brown bags. I'll more than likely be buying more sock yarn to add more bags during the year. Some people added sock patterns to go with their yarns but I'm just going to pick a pattern once I see what yarn I'm using. Last year, I knit a lot of vanilla socks but this year I'm going to try to pick out more patterned socks, there's just so many great ones out there to try!

personal mystery sock yarn club

I chose my January yarn on New Years Day and was really happy that it turned out to be some new yarn that I was gifted in a Christmas swap I did through instagram. It's Knitsomniac Designs Sleepy Sock yarn in Frankenstein's Monster colorway. The yarn is so soft and squishy, I'm loving knitting with it!

January yarn pick

I'm knitting my socks using Rye by Tin Can Knits. The pattern is simple but it looks so amazing! I am very much in love with it already, I can't wait to have a finished pair. I already have my first sock off the needles!

January sock WIP

Those are my sock plans for the year! I decided against making real goals for the year because I'm not very good at sticking to them, I hate going back and seeing what I didn't do at all at the end of a year! This year, I'm planning on being as laid back as possible with my crafting. There's going to be lots of sock knitting and of course crochet! For blogging, I'm going to try to post at least once a week, maybe more than that soon though.

Did you make goals or resolutions for 2015? If you did, I'd love to hear some!