Monday, December 29, 2014

all the Christmas crochet...

Christmas is over! How was yours, I hope you all had a great holiday with your families. Ours was good, loud and fun, as it always is. I'm happy to be done with the chaos for another year though. I thought I would finally get a post up about what I crocheted this season, since I seem to have completely forgotten to get it done before!

Christmas Owl

I crocheted a fun Christmas Nelson Owl. I've been using a G hook for my amigurumi lately and I'm finding everything turns out so much more adorable! Maybe it's the tighter fabric or the smaller size of it but I love it, I think I may be sticking with the G hook from now on! This cutie stayed perched on our Christmas tree.

Christmas Owl & ornament

2014 Christmas ornaments

I loved the big owl so much that I decided I would make tiny Christmas Nel's for my kid's yearly ornaments. I finished crocheting all the pieces with plently of time to get them done before Christmas Eve when I give out the new ornaments every year, but I didn't actually sew them together until that day. I am a major procrastinator! I finished them with just enough time to get them wrapped up for the kids to open before we went out to look at Christmas lights. These are probably my favorite ornaments that I have ever given to the kids!

snowflake

Another project I crocheted for Christmas is this adorable snowflake! It's a new FreshStitches pattern called Sally the Snowflake. I loved making this piece! She'll be up for the duration of winter, I love her so much!

That's all I have in pictures this year. I didn't crochet any gifts this year, I thought I would make toys for the kids but I never sat down to make real plans, so it never happene. I did knit a coffee cozy but forgot to get a picture of it. I really loved knitting it, so I'll probably knit a few more eventually! That's all I've got for today, I'll probably be back soon, probably before the new year, to share my December socks! I know I wasn't going to knit any this month, but the itch got the better of me!