Thursday, December 11, 2014

November Socks

It's been awhile since I last posted, didn't mean for that to happen again! Instagram really is too easy to get caught up in I think, I post there pretty often. I don't want to stop with the blog though, I just need to figure out a way to make it a priority again, next year it's something I'll work on.

my baby girls

There's been plenty of things keeping me busy lately, my daughter's both turned a year older! I now have 10 year old and 8 year old girls. That's just crazy to me, every year I think the same thing. The picture on the left is my 10 year old and the right, my 8 year old. Once you're finished with the baby stages, kids seem to grow up incredibly fast, no matter how much you wish they wouldn't. Their birthdays were on the 6th and 8th of this month, we kept those days just for us to celebrate this year but they'll be having a fun bowling party with friends this weekend. I plan to keep advil in my pocket as I'm the only adult with them all.

Anyway, on to my November socks! I finished them on the last day of November, just in time! Getting them off the needles was incredibly exciting to me, they felt like a huge accomplishment. They're a Christmas present for my boyfriend, I'm pretty sure he still has no idea I knit him a pair. It was hard to keep them a secret, I love showing off my socks! I already stuffed them away so I won't be tempted to give them to him early.

I did it!! I finished a huge pair of socks!  I need to get them wrapped so I'm not tempted to just give them up tonight. I'm so excited to have this gift done! #christmassocks #sockknitting

I knit these socks at 72 stitches on size 2.25mm needles and did a basic ribbing pattern. I decided to knit the leg to the same length as the foot, I think that's probably a good length for men, I hope? The yarn that I used is Opal in the Wacholder colorway. I'll definitely use this yarn brand again, it's not the most soft yarn but it feels like it will hold up well.

I have a pair of socks that I'm knitting two at a time that I thought would be my December socks but I think I'm going to take a small break from sock knitting this month. I still have a few Christams ornaments to finish crocheting and I want to finish my Once Upon a Time cross stitch sampler before the 2015 sampler starts. I stopped stitching by June, so I have a lot to catch up on!

I fell behind just a bit this year! I'm determined to finish before next year's though #frostedpumpkinstitchery #onceuponatimesampler

I'm linking up to Liesl's Monthly Sock Challenge today.