Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 Crochet Mood Blanket

Happy New Year! It's crazy that we're already at the start of a new year again. I'm happy to leave 2013 behind and start fresh, I kind of let last year get away from me blog-wise but I'm going to try to do some more consistent blogging this year.

I'm participating in a crochet-a-long through instagram this year to make a crochet mood blanket, you can find a lot of info about it through @mummy_stacey's profile. You can participate any way that you like, I'm going to be making a square for every single day this year, four days will end up being the border. Each day I'll be making a square that shows what mood I'm feeling.


2014 mood blanket by plus3crochet on 500px.com

off white: border color, grey: tired, rose: hormonal, deep sea: happy/good day, teal: sad/bad day, seafoam: meh/bored, grape: stressed/angry

I'm using Red Heart Soft yarns. People seem to either hate or love Red Heart yarn, I think that's because people think of only the scratchy Super Saver. I'm a person who would have said I hated it until I came across this stuff, it's super soft and comes in so many pretty colors. Except yellow or maybe my store just doesn't carry that? I think I picked out some good colors that will make a pretty blanket!

For my square, I'm using a pattern called Not in the Middle Granny. I'm bordering each day in off white, I'll be joining the squares as I go. I'm using a 3.75 hook, so my squares are 3 inches. In the end I'll have a 18X20 square blanket, with 4 border rows.


1/365 by plus3crochet on 500px.com

This is my first square! It's a good day for me, a good way to start the year, I hope I'll see lots of these days scattered in there. I'm really excited to see how this blanket looks at the end of this year, I have a feeling I will be going through some crazy emotions. Last year was pretty rough on me, I struggled with my depression, my own fault really, I don't take care of myself but this year I've decided I need to get myself feeling better, it's a priority now. I feel weird that I actually put that sentence out there, my blog has become very non personal in the last few years, mainly because I haven't wanted to admit the very thing I just did. But, I have now. I promise I won't be bombarding you with my crazy feelings all year long!

I hope you all had a great holiday season with your loved ones!