Tuesday, May 05, 2015

on hooks & needles: May

knit:

scrappy socks

I've been saving the small bits that are leftover after I knit a square into my Scrappy Hue blanket to make a pair of scrappy socks. We went to see the new Avengers movie over the weekend, really good by the way, and since it was opening weekend, I wanted to get there early enough to get a good seat, so I needed socks to knit on during the wait. The scrappy socks are what I decided to cast on. They were all I worked on over the weekend, I am loving adding new yarns to them. I finished the first sock yesterday and have cast on the second already, they'll be a pair that's finished pretty fast.

I'm also using the first pair of needles I bought for sock knitting, Knitters Pride. I forgot how great they are for not making even a bit of a ladder on the sides of socks. Although, I do remember why I stopped using them, my finger is bruised and hurting pretty bad from pushing the needle. I'm trying to get out of the habit of doing that so that I love these needles again.

May socks

Since those socks are going to be such a quick knit, I decided to still pick out a paper bag for the Personal Mystery Sock Yarn Club 2015. The bag contained Poems sock yarn, which was a gift from Andi. I am going to be knitting from both ends of the yarn for the Noro Stripey Socks pattern.

cross stitch:

tea cross stitch

I found this pattern while browsing pinterest and wanted to stitch it right away, so that's what I did. It was super quick to stitch up and I love how it looks. I have never washed a cross stitch project before but recently I have been hearing about how great it really makes your finished project look, so I'm going to be giving it a try today. The pattern for the teapot can be found here.

There are no immediate crochet plans for the month, so the post probably could have just been called "on needles". There are a couple things I would like to start crocheting this month but I don't have the yarn for any of it right now.