I decided that I wanted to get my acrylic stash out of here too. Even though I said I didn't want anymore blankets made out of acrylic yarn, I had no idea what else I could do with the amount of yarn I had in my stash. So, I started a blanket! Hah. My kids do love all the blankets that we have here though, so I know that it's going to get tons of use. I started this one in January and finished it last week.
I used a v-stitch pattern found on this blog for this big blanket. I crocheted strips of the pattern that I later crocheted together, I started with white stripes alternating with color. I ran really low on white after the first two strips, so for the last two, I just did all color. I am really happy with how it looks all joined up. The finished size of the blanket is 65X56", a good snuggling size.
The blanket used up over 2500 yards of yarn! I still had some yarn left after I finished it and it was probably enough yarn to crochet another strip but there there were only a few colors that had decent amounts for a row or two. It would have bored me too much to keep using the same colors over and over, so I decided to join what was left into a big magic ball. I joined all the yarn with the russian join method. I'm not sure what I will end up making with it, possibly a big toy.
I now have an empty drawer that used to be overflowing with yarn, it feels really great to have it all cleared out. Although now I just want to buy more yarn to fill it up again! That seems to always be the way it goes when it comes to yarn. I hope you're all having a great weekend and that you didn't get as much snow as we got here!