Friday, September 12, 2014

Tackling WIPs update

wips

I thought I would give a little update on my WIP progress today! I think I'm doing pretty well, I've only cast on one project during this KAL/CAL I'm participating in (happening in the My Sister's Knitter rav group). I've even finished that project, I'll share that soon :)

I finished up my crocheted cowl that I was working on. I really love this, I'll be working on getting the pattern written up soon. I used Loops & Threads Woolike to make this, it's a fingering weight acrylic, it's incredibly soft! I'll be making more projects using the yarn soon.

cowl

I also finished up my first pair of self striping socks! I used yarn called The Slutty Pumpkin by Nomadic Yarns on etsy. I absolutely love this color-way, it's so fun! This is the fourth pair of socks I've knit since I learned this year. I did an afterthought heel to keep the stripes even. I am in love with this heel now, it fits perfectly, so I will definitely be using it more!

slutty pumpkin socks

The next WIP I hope to get finished is my Camp Out Mitts, my daughter is asking daily if they're done yet. Gotta get working on them!