Wednesday, October 30, 2013

the Backson

I recently had a custom order to crochet the Backson. The Backson is a character from Winnie the Pooh and he is absolutely adorable! There are a couple videos from the movie that he appears in here and here. I had no pattern to work from, so I had to crochet him as I went. I had a lot of fun crocheting him, all the details worked out so well.

DSC07085

I used some yarn that I have never crocheted with before, his furry body was made using Lion Brand's Luxe Fur in turquoise and I used Lion Brand's Fun Fur in red for his shaggy hair. I really liked getting to use these different kinds of yarns, I hope that I can find more projects to work with them again. The rest of the body was crocheted with my usual Loops & Threads yarn.

DSC07086

His mouth was a little more difficult for me to figure out, I wasn't sure if he should have a mouth full of teeth or just a smile. I decided to give him a big mouth full of pointy teeth, I think it turned out cute. Another cute thing about the Backson, is his eyes hiding under the shaggy hair.

Crocheting this guy was so much fun, I hope the recipient is happy with him too!