Monday, August 26, 2013

little strawberry

I recently decided that I would start up a potholder wall in my kitchen again. Sometime last year, I took all my potholders down and the wall has stayed empty ever since. I don't even remember why I took them down, I've missed looking at. To get myself started again, I made this cute little strawberry.

strawberry

I used this Pear Trivet pattern to make it. I flipped it upside down and sewed three leaves to the top. It was a very quick pattern, I finished this in about 30 minutes, including the steam blocking. I decided to make it only a single layer, I thought a second layer might hide the lace look too much. Since it's for my wall, it doesn't need a second layer. I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton scents in strawberry for this, so not only does it look like a strawberry, it smells like one too.

I'm excited to get my wall filled up again!