Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Summer of Stash Busting!

Summer stash busting fun!

This summer I'm going to try to do some stash busting. I definitely do not have a huge stash but it's pretty big and starting to take over a little bit too much in the small space I have for it. I'm going to try not to buy too much new yarn until I get a good handle on what I've got already. So, I won't be using up all of what I've got, just a good portion of it.

stash busting granny blanket

First up is a big granny square blanket. I've already started on this one and I am loving it! I'm making 15 round granny squares and am joining them as I go. I'm using my Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids in this blanket, it's a soft acrylic yarn, I use it for all my toys.

stash busting granny blanket

I'm picking my colors out at random, I only change what I've pulled out if the color doesn't look okay. So far I am having lots of fun working on this, it's really growing fast. Fun projects equal quick end results! I can't wait! I'm going to make this blanket 4 by 4 square if I have enough yarn to pull it off.

I have more projects in mind for my Summer of Stash Busting that I can't wait to start working on. I've got some fun yarn that's been sitting here for too long waiting to get used. I'll be using the hashtag #summerstashbusting on instagram if you want to join in or just follow the fun!