Tuesday, July 16, 2013

more summer stash busting

fruit & veggie bag

This yarn is Bernat Handicrafter in Chrysanthemums, I bought 3 big skeins of it last year when a store was in clearance. I was so excited about the yarn but then didn't do a whole lot with it, so I have quite a bit of it still hanging around. It was time to get using it, I decided to make some produce bags. When I buy fruits and veggies, I buy a lot of it at one time and the plastic bags usually end up ripping on me, so a crocheted bag (or two) should help a lot.

fruit & veggie bag

I don't know why I have never made myself one of these bags before, it seems like I would have done this a long time ago. I have made two so far using the Flea Market Bag pattern by Linda Permann. I gave one to my sister to use, so I still need to make another for myself, I have plenty of this yarn left to do it. I'm thinking of using a different pattern for the next one though, if you have any suggestions, please share!

 photo stashparty_zps2cae6282.jpg