Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Christmas Pickle

Christmas pickle

I have seen the Christmas pickle for a few years now and had no idea that it was part of a fun tradition! I just thought it was some strange, quirky thing people liked on Christmas. Pickles are good.

I finally looked it up to find out what the craze was about and I liked it, so I made one for my tree (and one for my sister's tree too). The tradition is that you hide this pickle on your tree on Christmas Eve and the first child to find it gets a special gift. People use glass blown pickles usually but our tree has to have a crocheted one!

I used this free pattern from FreshStitches, it's a super quick project, easily done before Christmas!

I haven't figured out exactly what the gift will be yet but I do know that I will be putting whatever it is into one of these yarn embroidered gift bags that Meredith shared on her blog recently.