Sunday, October 14, 2012

intarsia crochet heart

intarsia crochet heart

Last weekend, I tried something new! I found this pattern on ravelry called Watercolor Heart Pillow, I wanted to make myself one but decided to try it in crochet since my knitting is still very slow.

The technique I used is called intarsia crochet, it's actually not too hard once you get the hang of it and as long as you don't tangle up your yarns. I found a helpful video on youtube that shows you how to do it and how to read the chart, see it here if you're interested in learning!

I'm happy with how this piece turned out. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, it's definitely not a size that I would make into a pillow. I may eventually make more and stitch them into a blanket. I bought the variegated on sale and loved it so much that I went back for two more skeins, I have more than enough for a blanket now (this block barely made a dent in one skein).

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it! Thanks for the link. I think I'll try this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a lovely use of variegated yarn. I'm not usually a fan of it in crochet, but this looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! It looks great in variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should frame it, it is beautiful and would brighten any room.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is amazing! So beautiful, I can't even imagine how you do it, but afrter seeing this, I must learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I discovered your blog this afternoon and I want to congratulate you for the work well done and good luck. Sincerely.

    voyance gratuite en ligne par mail

    ReplyDelete