Monday, June 04, 2012

gingham(ish) dishcloth

gingham(ish) washcloth

I made this dishcloth just before the weekend, it's my first time doing a stitch like this, it was really easy. The pattern I used is called Gingham & Daisy Potholder. Mine turned out more patchwork looking than gingham with the colors that I chose but I still love it! There's a CAL going on right here on ravelry right now where you can see more of these gingham potholders!

I made only front of the potholder and turned it into a dishcloth. The border turned out really nice too, I wanted to make scallops but decided it looked too busy with them, so I stopped with just the chains.

I'm planning on making another dishcloth with this pattern this week too. I'm on a bit of a dishcloth kick right now, so this space will be seeing more this week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow it's a very beautiful pattern, I would really try to make this, maybe as a kitchen towel. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks too good to use! I love the above users idea of turning it into a tea towel - we could really do with some more of them in our house. Might have to add that to the to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice pattern. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I just might try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pattern, thanks for sharing the link. I really love the patchwork look yours has

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great pattern! It's so much fun making them! I combined dark green, grass green and white colors in my potholder - looks nice - good decoration for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete