Saturday, May 26, 2012

weekend plans

granny sampler colors

I'm joining in with this granny square sampler afghan CAL! I think I've decided on the colors I'll be using, I'm using cotton for mine. I found a few new colors at the store so I'm mixing them in, they're very summery feeling, I'm using: white, off white, robin's egg, aqua, tangerine, hot green, yellow, soft violet, strawberry (scented but smells so good!), mango, watermelon and black currant.

I'm going to catch up with the CAL this weekend. It's only on week 2, so it would be easy to join in too! Let me know if you join as well, I'd love to follow your progress!

Have a great weekend and happy crocheting!

9 comments:

  1. I may have to do this! What brand of cotton are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a look at this it looks good I love making granny squares so may join too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. scented yarn?? now that is something I have never heard of. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like fun where do you join at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what wonderful colours but never have seen or knew of scented yarn before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to find those new colors!! I didn't buy the strawberry since I mostly make hats.. I didn't know if that would maybe cause rashes for children with sensitive skin. Let me know how it is to work with (if it's overwhelming to smell while you're using it). I think I'm going to jump in, too! I have so many different colors of cotton I could probably just make from my stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey - Thanks for posting about this CAL. I'm definitely going to join in and try to knock out some Christmas presents at the same time.

    Kristin - My daughters and I all have really sensitive skin. The scented yarn really aggravates us. I found out when I accidentally bought some and we rashed up like mad while using it. I had to put it in a baggy and hide it. i couldn't bring myself to just toss it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to seeing our progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might try to join in... I'll see how it goes though as I'm terrible for joining things then dropping out!

    ReplyDelete