Thursday, July 24, 2014

vacation socks & new yarn!

not a water girl, so knitting on the beach!

We just got home a few days ago from a two week family vacation. We had a lot of fun and some exciting things happened too, I'll share about that when I can! One thing I really wanted to do was visit at least one yarn shop while away. I found a really great one in Peterborough, Ontario called Needles in the Hay. I grabbed some sock yarn and couldn't wait to cast on for a pair of socks. I used Zitron Trekking XXL for these, I couldn't resist those fun colors.

I really liked the yarn, it wasn't the softest yarn but it wasn't horrible feeling either, I would definitely use it again. I know some people like their socks to be matching but that's not important to me, I love this pair! I used the Fish Lips Kiss heel again and still love it, it's really easy to memorize.

vacation socks are done! #sockknitting

Now, how about I share the fun yarn I grabbed! I wanted all the yarn in the shop but I contained myself to just a few skeins. I found Crazy Zauberballs and had to grab one! I'm thinking that I will try this fun striping in some wrist warmers or maybe socks.

crazy zauberball

I also grabbed a skein of Malabrigo Sock in the Indiecita colorway. I'll be making some socks of it most likely.

malabrigo sock yarn

These were waiting for me when I got home from our trip. I ordered these mini skeins on etsy from NikkiSlipp to use in a blanket I've started. I'll share that progress in another post soon! I've already used a few skeins and I love how it feels and works up.

mini skeins from nikkislipp on etsy

Have a great day!