Monday, March 31, 2014

lacy hexagon throw FO

Good morning! I have my finished lacy hexagon throw to share that I finished last weekend. It's not a huge blanket but it fits nicely in the corner of my couch. I love seeing it sitting there, I'm so glad that I found and picked up this project again.

lacy hexagon blanket

Each hexagon is the size of my outstretched hand, the throw ended up 43" in diameter. When figuring out the layout, I started in the center, so the throw ended up in the shape of a big hexagon. I finished each hexagon off with 4dcs in each chain space and I joined them as I went.

lacy hexagon blanket

To border the throw, I decided to attempt to straighten the sides. It ended up with a bit of a curve but I really like how it looks and you can't really tell after I did the edging. The edging is a v-stitch with a picot in the center in each, they look like little diamonds, it's so pretty!

lacy hexagon blanket

some blanket info:
color inspiration from this colour crush post found on Emma Lamb's blog
hexagon chart found here
yarn: KnitPicks Cotlin DK in surf, celery, cerise, pomegranate and linen
hook: G(4mm)