Sunday, December 04, 2011

Christmas finishing

redwork joy

I showed you this in progress weeks ago but never got around to sharing it finished. I painted an embroidery hoop white before I put this cross-stitch in and then added some red ribbon. Maybe not the prettiest finish ever but I like it.

I found this pattern in The Cross Stitcher, Issue 244. This magazine is becoming a new favorite of mine, I've got 3 issues so far and I love pretty much every pattern in each issue.

I've got another Christmas cross-stitch in need of being framed, I really like it and will hopefully get it done and shared soon!

18 comments:

  1. Such a pretty little piece. I have often felt the urge to take up cross-stitch again (I learned the basics of it in my teens), but sadly as pretty as I find the end result, and as lovely and meditative as the process seems, I have the worst ADD when it comes to actually trying to stitch a project. I have resigned myself to admiring other's work while I stick to things I can actually pay attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is just beautiful! I'm with Rogue Butterfly up there . . . I used to cross stitch as a kid, but lost interest . . . you're making me really want to pick it up again. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty - I like red and white together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and festive Casey! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, love it, love it!!!!! Pati x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful cross stitch, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh and a I love your ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I bookmarked this project too, I've been subscribed to Cross Stitcher for a few months now and I agree, it's a great mag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just pinned this! and now need to get a copy of the mag. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty cross stitch. red and white is a great combination and i love the house. i've been really wanting to start cross stitching again!

    ReplyDelete