Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a Christmas wreath

I was going to make this wreath for my door this year, I bought all the felt needed for it even but I decided to do something different. I still used felt to make it, only a little of what I bought though, I have a lot of felt left over!

felt Christmas wreath

I used three shades of green, I cut each piece 4 times width wise and then I wrapped the strips around my 20" foam wreath until no wreath form was showing. I wasn't sure whether I was going to like the look or not but I really do love the stripes!


Once I wrapped the wreath, I cut a piece of red felt lengthwise a few times, each strip was about 2" wide. I then folded the strips in half and rolled. Once they were rolled, I stitched the bottoms to hold the roll together and then I hot glued everything into place. After rolling just these three pieces, I was glad I decided to make a different wreath! I don't think rolling so many pieces would have been much fun.

I'm pretty happy with my wreath this year, it's simple and pretty.

sharing at:
Get Your Craft On
The Inspiration Board
Anything Goes at Eye Heart



8 comments:

  1. a nice idea and without needles

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your blog! Thanks for submitting to "Deck The Blogs!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea.. ad the colour is scrummy :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so many cute crafty wreaths this year that I can't decide which to make and I think yours just added to my list :). At the rate my list is going, every door in my home is going to have a wreath haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors for this wreath. I would love if you can link this post to my linky party at: http://eyehearttoday.blogspot.com/2011/11/anything-goes-at-eye-heart-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! I do like the rolled flower wreaths, but it seems like an awful lot of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. merhaba çok güzel bir tasarım sade ve şık eline sağlık.

    ReplyDelete