Wednesday, October 19, 2011

birdy bookmark

bird bookmark

I made this adorable birdy bookmark using this tutorial. It's a super fast and adorable project! I have no clue what type of yarn I used to make it, I bought it last year sometime for another project that ended up never finished, I assume it's Bernat something. I used a size 5 hook, bigger than what is suggested in the pattern, so my birdy is pretty big. I also didn't stuff him since my yarn is so fluffy.

He's super cute and I made him just in time to start a new book. I picked up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo the other day, I avoided it for awhile but I keep reading how great it is over and over, so I decided to read it. I'm doing pretty good with my reading challenge on goodreads.com, I've read 25 books so far this year, 5 more to go!

4 comments:

  1. It's adorable!
    Way to go with your reading challenge! I signed up with goodreads last month and set up a challenge for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute:) and great job on your book challenge! Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! You used the pattern, that's so cool! It's the mommy bird :-D. Good luck with your reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's good i found your site this afternoon and am happy you sent us a wee bird too crochet making this for 2 kids . thanx so much renee by

    ReplyDelete