Monday, June 27, 2011

end of the school year

teacher gifts


Tomorrow is the last day of school and I like to give the teachers a thank you present. I found this really great idea at Lisa Storm's blog here (those tags are a free printable!) and knew it was what I wanted to do this year.

I decided I wanted to add some crochet to the gift, so I made some coffee cozies using this pattern. I didn't like how the center was turning out, so I made it just simple sc's around. I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton in white for both the cozies.

Inside the cups, my daughter wrote out a thank you card for both her teacher and the teacher aid and then I stuffed some packets of iced tea and lemonade to go with the theme of the gift.

sharing at:
Today's Creative Blog
The Inspiration Board

6 comments:

  1. this is such a cute present. the cozies are great, and the packaging really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love the idea... I might make Chrsitmas ones for the teachers and friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are sooo cute! I love the little sayings on the straws - very cleaver! I hope they liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice thoughtful gift. They turned out great. I would be thrilled if you shared this project at my link party.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_28.html

    Thanks for the creative inspiration.
    carolyn | homework

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are beautiful! What a treasured gift!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete