Thursday, March 10, 2011

my creative space

hexagons

I'm playing around with hexagons. I'm trying out something I've wanted to do for a really long time. I wanted to do it with fabric but I've decided to give it a try with crochet.

It's the start of a new blanket for my daughter. This blanket may on the go all year since she wants me to give her a blanket for her birthday... in December! Maybe she'll get an extra big one this year. Every night she tells me the colors she wants in her blanket, so I'm going to try and get all the colors in it for her.

See more creative spaces at kootoyoo.

10 comments:

  1. Cute and cheery colors so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Like Grandmother's flower garden? Clever you! Can't wait to see more of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. And it makes me think of another blogger also going through a hexagon phase. She's at http://rosa-r.blogspot.com/. I think you might like her!

    --stephanie hillberry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! what a treasure it will be for your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!

    I love hexagons, too. What a great idea to incorporate them in crochet like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good with the hexagons. I might need to put them on my list for my next blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Casey, I've not tried hexagons. My son has asked me to crochet a blanket or pillow for him. Love that babette you are working on. However do you join all the pieces? That is the hardest thing for me. And tails ... weaving all those in. I was never properly taught crochet so I just do the best I can. Your potholders are so sweet and colorful! I bet your swap partners were thrilled with their gifts. Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I need to make some big blankets.. .I guess if I start now, I too can have them done by December. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That will be fantastic love the purple and yellow one of my favourite combos

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sure to become an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete